Reply by Sun Toyota

I want to first start by apologizing for your past service experience you had with Sun Toyota. I am not sure if you are aware but since your last visit, Sun Toyota became part of the Morgan Auto Group. We are under new ownership and we want to earn your business back. My managing partner John Marazzi wanted me to reach out to you to see if you would contact me so we can resolve any past concerns and move forward to working together again. If you could please contact me directly: Lori-Ann Lynde, Customer Relations Manager, via email llynde@suntoyota.com or via phone 727-835-4358. I am looking forward to speaking with you. Thank you.
Author's
2.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

When the undercarriage of my 1999 Tacoma totally rusted out in 2004, I was told it was my fault and that it would be thousands of dollars to repair it.I mean my drive shaft literally fell off and punctured my gas tank driving down the highway and I had to have it towed to the dealership.

They said I "must have towed a boat in salt water," I told them I have never even owned a boat but they didn't believe me. I later found out that Toyota knew about this issue with these Tacomas and had extended the rust protection warranty to 15 years and I could have had the truck fixed or replaced for free. I think Sun Toyota screwed me out of thousands when they kept my truck that I could not afford to fix but instead was forced to finance a 2004 Tundra.

That vehicle also rusted out prematurely.I no longer buy Toyota.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.