Reply by Sun Toyota

Dan, Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I apologize for your experience while visiting with us. I have reviewed the paperwork with the Finance Director, and while it may not have been explained as clearly as it could have been, the numbers were correct. If you would like to come in and personally review the paperwork we would welcome that. If we can help in any other way please feel free to reach out to us. Again we are sorry that your visit was not completely satisfactory. Regards, Ferris Hamdan General Sales Manager Sun Toyota
Author's

"Dishonest dealership" Visited Sun Toyota dealership where I leased my Tundra from to have an odometer disclosure statement filled out by them on advice from MidFlorida credit union as I was obtaining finance from the credit union to buy my lease (2017 Tundra) out early.Well the employees were dishonest several times.

The first lie was that I had to purchase the vehicle through the dealership as they owned the car, well that is incorrect the leasing company owns the car in this case Southeast Toyota Finance. I verified this through Southeast Toyota finance with one of their representatives. The second one is they are supposedly seeing about filling out the odometer disclosure statement, well they're not doing that but putting together a finance proposal. So Darren brings this out to me to my surprise after I told them I was financing through MidFlorida.

Then upon examining the document I notice they are trying to charge twice for sales tax. Southeast Toyota Finance gives you a payoff and they clearly state that this amount includes sales tax of x dollars. Well they put down the amount including the sales tax as the payoff for the vehicle then added sales tax on top of it. Whose pocket do you think that goes in if you don't catch it?

Then they try to charge you a 995 redelivery fee, really! give me a break. Once I found out that I didn't need anything from these people I got up and walked out. If you are buying out your lease early you don't need anything from the dealer.

You simply print out the odometer disclosure statement and fill it out and obtain financing from your bank or credit union. I recommend your local credit union and they will print that form out for you. Don't get ripped off by these people charging ridiculous redelivery fee and higher interest rates, etc. Better yet don't lease a car in the first place it's the most expensive way to operate a vehicle, there is no law with leases that says they have to disclose the interest rate and you can bet it's in the double digits.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Sun Toyota in Holiday Florida.

Watch Dave Ramsey on youtube about buying a car and car leases or better known as fleeces.Like when the shepherd fleeces their sheep these people will fleece you of your money.

Review about: Southeast Toyota Finance Auto Loan.